Well, it’s halfway through the month so time for an update. Let me start with my goals.
When I first decided to give Medium a shot, this is what I wanted to accomplish my first month:
- Increase followers to 25
- Earn $5.00 from my stories (enough to cover my membership)
- Post a minimum of 10 stories
- Make a list in order of what did better
So far I’m crushing my goals one by one.
- I’m up to 84 followers
- My estimated earnings from my first 4 stories after 1 week is $7.89
- I’ve already posted 10 stories and hope to post at least 8 more
- List will be done at the end of the month
It looks like I will have some goal adjusting to do but I’m thrilled with my results so far.
What I wasn’t counting on was how much I would enjoy it and the freedom it has given me.
I’m still figuring things out, but what I’ve learned so far is:
- Thursdays and Sundays are my highest viewing days
- Wednesdays and Saturdays are the worst
- Submitting to a publication can be scary but highly rewarding
- Keeping track of each story and who responded gives you an idea of who your biggest fans are
- You’re going to have some duds, but that’s okay. Keep on going.
I told myself that this wasn’t a race and I was going to keep it up for 6 months. At this point, I don’t see myself stopping. Even if things level out and numbers don’t increase, I’m having so much fun writing and reading other stories that it is worth it to me to continue on this journey.
As far as my other writing? Yikes, I do need to focus some of my time on that. Get some projects finished.